Last August I had a short vacation in Davao. Upon going home I called papa if he can cooked me my favorite food when I arrived. I asked him to cooked patatim and he said he will try. Upon arriving he told me he didn’t cooked patatim instead they cooked humba (will try to cook this one also). So it has been months of craving of patatim. So last 2 weeks ago I saw this pata on the grocery and I told my friend I will try to cook patatim. So this is my version of patatim.
- Pork Pata
- Magic Sarap
- Soy Sauce
- On the pan add water, ginger, pata and pepper. Wait for it to boil or for the pata to be tender.
- After it boils, you have to separate the water and the pata
- On the pan add oil and saute onions and garlic
- Then add the pata for it to absorb the flavors of the onions and garlic
- Add magic sarap for more flavors
-Add the broth of the pata and then add the soy sauce
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wait for another 30 minutes for all the flavors to combine and for the pata to be more tender.