I decided why not cook a steak since today is a no rice meal day. I looked on the net and researched some ingredients and procedure on how to make a steak. But I made it with mashed potatoes and vegetable salad. Enjoy!
For the steak:
1) Round Beef (but the best kind of beef for this recipe is a Tenderloin Steak, but since the grocery store didn’t have Tenderloin Steak I go for the second option).
5) Canola Oil
1) Marinate Round Beef with salt, pepper and rosemary.
2) Heat pan and pour some Canola Oil
3) Be sure that the pan and oil is hot before we put our Round Beef
4) Pan fry the Round Beef (the minutes on how long would it take to fry your steak will depend on how you like your steak, is it rare, medium rare or well done. Trust me I also did the hand thing! :) )
5) Now fry the other side of the steak
6) When you are satisfied with your steak put some butter and glaze your steak
7) Plate in. (but for me I cut it into bite size before platting since I don’t have a steak knife :( ).
For the mashed potatoes:
1) Put the potatoes in a pan and add water
2) Put in into a boil and wait for the potatoes to be soft
3) Drain the potatoes
4) Add butter, since our potatoes are still hot the butter will melt
5) Mashed the potatoes with butter
6) Add salt
For the Vegetable Salad:
1) Cut some lettuce
2) Cut some carrots
3) Cut some apples
4) Toss lettuce, carrots and apples
5) In a bowl add mayonnaise and ketchup (this will serve as a dressing in your salad)
Enjoy your steak night! :)